Monday, July 13, 2015

Tidal Pool

Southeast Alaska is an archipelago. The miles and miles of beaches in this region are home to an abundance of sea creatures.  There can be more than 20 feet of tidal fluctuation in our area.  If you wander down to the beach low tide, you will find tidal pools with all kinds of interesting life.  Dana Michelle Woodard at Wildfire Designs had created a table runner pattern for the beach lover.  This pattern includes many of the creatures that make their home beneath the sea in our area.  Dana's patterns are easy to follow.  Skills needed for this pattern are tracing, cutting and ironing.  Of course a little sewing is necessary too.  Click the picture below to get more information about this pattern.

 Trace the pattern onto fusible web and then iron it on to the fabric for each of your pieces.

 Cut the pieces out.  


Iron the detail pieces on.


Using the appliqué pressing sheet placed over the pattern, iron the pieces in place.



Put the background together.

Peel the ironed pieces off the sheet and place them on the background.

Add any remaining pieces to the background.

 Your table runner is ready to be quilted.

Linking to:


13 comments:

  1. Kathi, What fusible do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Let's Bee Social. Wow! Your table runner is awesome! Great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I have never tried applique but it's lovely patterns like this that make me think I should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table runner - love the sea theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathi, oh my!!! I've always been shy of appliqué....but after seeing your stunning table runner, I'm completely inspired! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I love the sea creature theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I would love for you to link up to the Stitch It, Blog It, Share It Link Party Sunday nights at 7pm at BehindtheSeamsSewing.com.
    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table runner is just gorgeous. I love Sea Life designs and this really speaks to me. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m loving this! Pinned and tweeted! I always love your creations, thanks for sharing this with us at our party! I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, we love seeing what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete